Since technology is continually improving on both sides of the spectrum, it has been easier for criminals to generate counterfeit bills to use at their leisure. For this reason, the US Government has decided to improve the latest $100 bill yet again and make it nearly impossible to duplicate (at least for the time being). Take a look at some of the state-of-the-art features this future currency will integrate are the following:
- 3-D security ribbon (in blue)
- Bell in the inkwell (appears when the bill is tilted)
- Portrait watermark (of Benjamin Franklin)
- Security thread
- Color-shifting ink (copper to green)
- Design modification (added a declaration of independence design)
The most unique part about the future currency is that when the bill is moved from side to side, the new images on the bill will appear to move up and down. When the bill is moved up and down, the image will appear to move from side to side. The expected release date for this new $100 bill will be sometime during the year of 2011*.
* It appears this bill may take even longer before it comes into circulation due to a huge printing fiasco, which has halted production.